How to delete a website from Google Analytics?
I need to remove a website from Google Analytics as we're no longer using this domain. Any ideas how to do this?
Ideas and experiences worth sharing with the worldJoin Community
Ask your own questions, comment, vote and do more
You will need to have administrator privilege to the Google Analytics account first. Here are the steps:
- Log in to the GA a/c
- Click on the Admin tab at the top
- Next choose the website you want to remove from the "Property" column. Skip this step if your site is already shown in the dropdown.
- Click on the "View Settings" link under the View (Profile) column.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Delete this view" link.
- Confirm deletion of the view (that is the tracking for this website). Note that all historical data will be deleted as well.
Note : Google Analytics may just show the "Loading..." message and if you try to perform the action again it may display "Resource is not available. Please try again later." in red but do not worry as your website has already been deleted from GA. When you go back to the homepage, you won't be able to see the site. You will also receive an email from GA confirming the deletion.